The evolution of a boss



The events of the last few months have been rather trying.  I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through without giving up totally and going back to repair the personal life that I have neglected the past few years.  None the less, I stay focused on my projects and dedicated to the end result no matter the cost.

One of the lessons I have learned and had to adjust to is not allowing everyone into your personal business and life.  For a long time, I had a hard time knowing who and when to separate the two.  In the end it always ends up biting me in the ass when the situation heads south and they decide to take everything they learn about you personally and use it against you.  Luckily, I've learned to divulge less personal information and keep a strong barrier between the two.

Trust is definitely something I value.  I was so free to give it away and believe that people are still GOOD until proven otherwise.  NOT the case anymore.  I realize now that people will play whatever role they have to in order to gain what it is they set out to get.  Hidden agendas will hide who they really are.  Lies will mask their true identity.

Shedding the toxic elements that plagued my circle was the most freeing experience.  I noticed that life became so much less dramatic and I was much more calm and at ease with my life.  My choices reflected the positive changes and my spirit felt so light.  Who knew that I had so much waste in my presence.

Saying good bye is not easy, and I do so with silence.  I find myself letting things go quietly and simply moving on.  It simplifies the process and tends to be far less dramatic.  Peace definitely has found me.

Comments